Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Cooking with gas...

...now!  Yes, I know!  I've been painting of late.  Caught the bug again - at least for now.  So in my sketch book and finished yesterday is this one:


And will wonders never cease, but I did another this morning.  Don't ask me why the need for words always, but whatever I guess.  I kind of liked this quote and I'm sorry I didn't write down who said it...found it online..."Her smile put the sunflower to shame..."

So, watching a commercial the other day, I saw a sunflower painting in the background with dark lines and bright colors and wanted to try something similar.  I've always loved the dark lines (ink?) and bright colors afforded by watercolor and thought I'd walk down this path again (I've done it before).  I am trying for a bit more boldness with my lines, even if they aren't perfect.  I hate doing pieces that are so commonplace in the artist world...such as sunflowers...but it was calling me.

Did another painting this morning and will share it another day.  God knows I am not a prolific painter so why put all my eggs in one basket.  I am sure that soon I will feel like writing again and will want something to add to the post.  Saving it for then.

Considering earning my Master's Degree.  Have an upcoming call this morning at 9:30 to discuss with counselor.  Today is my late day at work so have the morning free.  Nice sometimes, though getting off at 9 p.m. is tough when I have to be back at work tomorrow morning.  Yes, I am still medical assisting.  Wish I was back in accounting though.  Wasting that BBA for sure.  

So what music is in my heart this morning...How about this one...

4 comments:

  1. Thats a beauty. Daffodils and sunflowers are favourites of ours .. daffs because they are such jaunty flowers with their trumpets that herald the arrival of Spring and sunflowers for their size and stamina - and both are so vibrant of course.

    I'd never heard that quote so just Googled it ... seems its by Jerry Spinelli from 'Stargirl' ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a keeper there! Really like the quote, too.
    And the music was great - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza!!! I love the use of the ink in this, especially in the petals. I love sunflowers! Great quote (which I've heard/read before). As Sue said above, it is by Jerry Spinelli from the young adult novel "Stargirl." I must have read it to know it.

    “I faced the gaudy sunflower on her canvas bag -- it looked hand-painted and at last my eyes fell into hers. I said, 'Thanks for the card.' Her smile put the sunflower to shame. She walked off.”
    ― Jerry Spinelli, Stargirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sherry - this is great! Love it love it. You need to keep doing these. So hope you are feeling better soon too. Take care and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete